Thursday, May 26, 2011

A "Grand Plan" re-planned!

"A Simple Choice"
Well, "the grand plan" has taken a back seat since my last post.  I have been consumed with testing for a paramedic position at Unified Fire in SLC.  I have not tested in some time and the dust that needed dusting off was more than I had imagined.  Regardless, after resume, certs, tests and oral interviews I am still in the running but just barely.  Out of one thousand original applicants 36 remain... I am at number 30 and hoping for a miracle.

 

The point to all of this is that this summer more things where planned than we had money or time for...we needed to make some choices!  The Choice was simple, Jake has qualified for the Washington State track finals...He will be running in the 110 and 300 hurdle events and that is where we will be!!!

So for every time there is a season and going to state is how this season will be spent!  No kayaking, concerts or "grand plans" could replace seeing Jake run in his senior year at the Washington State Championships.

So here we are back in Seattle for the first time in a decade!  I barely recognize the place...the first thing we did to insure time well spent was purchase a Garmin GPS so Deb doesn't have to read maps and I can argue with "miss garmin" when I take a wrong turn!

Well more to post soon with results, pictures and updates about our newest adventure...but for now we are happy spending time with family and friends and rambling about rambling with the people we love...

GO JAKE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment