Tuesday, January 18, 2011

News Years Day With Zachary!



This last month has been full of comings and goings with the kids, Jake and Brooklyn were in for the Holiday and we had a great time with them!  On the first day of the new year we had a small family outing on top of Rays summit at Sundance to remember Zac and spread some of his ashes.  This time was poignant and memorable.  Prior to the day we had had ten days of snow and rain, including gale force winds and downed trees...I was beginning to think that the time we had planned just wasn't going to happen.  January 1, 2011 brought blue skis and calm cold weather with a fresh blanket of snow...one of the most beautiful days that I can remember in the mountains of Sundance!  On Navajo cornice we were treated to a 360 degree panorama of the Timpanogas Massif to the west, Snowbird and the Pfieferhorn to the northwest, Deer Creek Reservoir and the Uinta Mountains with Kings Peak in the distance to the northeast,  Daniels Summit and the mountains of Colorado to the southeast and Cascade Peak, Provo Peak and Mount Nebo Summit of the Wasatch to our south.  I know I felt a certain comfort and peace and perhaps even a whisper in my ear reminding me, "see dad you knew I would be here", and indeed he was!  Then we all shared a few fond memories with each other under one of Zac's favorite nap trees. Little Hanna put the capstone on a wonderful day, she sculpted a perfect snow angel and while sprinkling some ashes into the arms pronounced proudly,"hey look Zachary is my wings"!  WOW.  One love Son...we miss you... 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful memory. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there that day. I feel so incapable of truly mourning here on the east coast, with only my memories to cling to.

    ReplyDelete