Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Surface "Save Life" and me.

Mike S. and I were kickin'it about this time last year discussing the upcoming ski season...I quipped that with all the "Life" skis he really should make a "Save Life" that was Ski Patrol specific!  We joked about it being mean and green and in giving back to the Wasatch...we rolled a few other ideas around and that was that.  Fast forward a year and there is a ski, money is being raised for WBR (Wasatch Back Country Rescue)  and ICAR (International Commission for Alpine Rescue) and Ski Patrollers everywhere are "flying the cross" with the Surface brand!  Hey, as karma would have it I showed up at the shop just in time to help unload the 43' container and snag a pair for myself...  When I was a kid I skied on garage sale goods and worked a paper route for night ski money at Stevens Pass, Washington.  This last year I got to be part of a new ski idea and work for less money patrolling at Sundance than I ever made as a twelve year old pedaling papers...cool!  Thanks Mike your a good friend and here's to the whole Surface Team-Cheers! http://www.surfaceskis.com/gear/all%20mountain/save%20life/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment